Plus a frank look at TypeScript, blaming developers, your emails, and much more.
- Jay wants to know how the Android update cycle and the device manufacturers’ different versions of Android affect developers.
- Carlo’s email
- Isak asks what we think about Typescript
- Charles writes in with some more info on Haskell
- Matt shares an interesting article about Adobe
- Matt (diff Matt?) is working on an iOS app that will have a server backend component and is wondering how to make a profit on the app — given the hosting costs over time.
This Week’s Dev World Hoopla
- NCEES licensing exam for Software Engineers
- Windows Phone 8 SDK oddness
The Language Itself
- No classical inheritance.
- Too loose
- Too stupid / lazy??
- Too sloppy??