How does Jack Emmert pay the bills? As the new CEO of Cryptic, of course! And how does Cryptic keep customers happy enough to pay their subscription fees, without rolling out new content? Find out this week in our Community Feedback segment, as we share YOUR ideas to get us all through this content dry-spell.
Also featured in this episode, we take a close look at the new Multi Vector Assault Mode skills and who would make the most use of this unique new feature. Then we’ll share with you an absolute must-have utility that will take your Demo Record skills to new heights, and may lead to the next evolution in STO-related machinima.
Direct Download Links
Our STOked App:
|Grab the STOked iPhone/iPod App and download STOked plus bonus content on the go!|
Jack Emmert takes over as CEO of Cryptic Studios
– His focus seems to be Neverwinter.
– His attention in STO has always leaned toward KDF, so this MIGHT help them some.
– Former CEO John Needham now working for Gazillion (LEGO U, SuperHero Squad, JGE)
Multi-Vector Assault Mode Hands on
This week’s Tweet Leaks:
– A quick shot of Qo’nos upgrades being worked on (actually from last week – oops)
– Another UI mock-up for the Duty Roster
More info courtesy of ThomasTheCrypticCat
– CapnLogan reviews some finalists for the Design The Enterprise contest Confirmation: “CBS will be picking the winners.”
– Farktoid testing out the new ground combat systems
More info about the specifics of how it looks
– EmergencyQAHologram mocks Stahlzilla openly!
MATH ( … sorta)
What is the Demo Tool?
Demo Record is a part of the Cryptic engine itself, built into the core of both STO and CO.
For a brief overview on using it, and some tips, you can watch STOked Episode 44 or download Mac’s PDF Guide.
In today’s episode, we’ll go over a few of the key features, explain how it works.
– Foundry contest, more ported missions (like the 5 that came two months ago)
– Fix long-standing bugs (like graphics-related crashes, e.g.)
– In-game events hosted by GMs. Invasions, scavenger hunts, PvP weekends, etc.
Most folks said that content CANNOT STOP if they want to keep excitement as high as its been. Almost every suggestion, including folks that suggested the above ideas, also included new content roll-outs.
I think the lesson could be learned that your players’ appetite for content is only becoming more voracious, the more it gets fed. It was unfortunate that the most recent FE did not include repeatable dailies (an issue that may soon be remedied) as that would have extended the lifespan of the story arc slightly.
NEXT WEEK’S QUESTION: FOUNDRY INSPIRATION
What classically “Trek” moments from TOS would you get excited to see in a Foundry mission? Specific scenarios, quotes, locations?