299: Shame as a Service
30 April 2019
Fresh back from LinuxFest Northwest we share a few of our favorite stories and memories.
- What’s new in Fedora 30 Workstation — Fedora 30 Workstation includes the latest release of the simple, beautiful GNOME 3.32 desktop environment.
- Librem One by Purism — A growing bundle of ethical services.
- Librem One Campaign Wants to Help De-Google Your Life — Purism, perhaps best known for the Librem 5 Linux phone crowdfunding campaign, has launched a new initiative offering “privacy protecting, no-track, no-ads” apps and services for mobile users.
- Apps/Geary - GNOME Wiki
- Android Apps by Purism on Google Play
- Red Hat Summit 2019 — Red Hat Summit 2019 will feature executives, open source leaders, and some of our most innovative customers discussing trends, telling stories, and anticipating the future.
- DockerCon San Francisco 2019 — Whether you’re just getting started with containers or consider yourself an expert, DockerCon enables you to advance your technical expertise with hands-on learning and expert-led sessions.
- Linux Academy Sale! — Last chance to get the #1 Cloud Training Platform for 33% OFF!
- LinuxFest Northwest 2019 Reflections — As the mountains shrink in the distance the realization that LinuxFest Northwest (LFNW) has actually come to a close begins to sink in. I don’t think anyone would argue that this year’s LFNW was a fantastic success. Being that this was my first LFNW to attend I was pleasantly surprised how this event felt more like a large family reunion than a Linux conference. With friends traveling from as far away as the United Kingdom and Shanghai, this event was truly a unique experience that I’ll never forget.
- Smart RGB LED strips with Home Assistant — 2019 is the year I am taking back control of my smart devices by bringing as much ‘smarts’ back inside my LAN as possible.
- Linuxfest Northwest 2019 - Day 1 Complete — Full unedited stream from GeekGamer.TV coverage of LinuxFest Northwest 2019
- LinuxFest Northwest 2019: Fifty years of Unix, Internet and more — Besides 1969 being a year of landmarks, it was the start of a unique operating system and (later) a free operating system that captured people’s minds.
- Linux Lite, A Free Operating System — Linux Lite is a ‘gateway operating system’. It was created to make the transition from Windows to a linux based operating system, as smooth as possible.