477: Sweet Little Lies
3 August 2022
We debate the lies our tool makers tell us, if Clojure has a Rails-sized hole, and the secrets of a successful software engineer.
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetup Page — London Meetup just days away!
- Join our West Coast Crew Matrix chat. — Calling West Coast Locals!
- ResearchKit — ResearchKit is an open source framework introduced by Apple that allows researchers and developers to create powerful apps for medical research. Easily create visual consent flows, real-time dynamic active tasks, and surveys using a variety of customizable modules that you can build upon and share with the community. And since ResearchKit works seamlessly with HealthKit, researchers can access even more relevant data for their studies — like daily step counts, calorie use, and heart rate.
- ResearchKit and CareKit - Apple — a framework for developers to build apps that let you manage your own well-being on a daily basis.
- What is GitOps? — GitOps is an operational framework that takes DevOps best practices used for application development such as version control, collaboration, compliance, and CI/CD, and applies them to infrastructure automation.
- Clojure needs a Rails — Other programming languages have their definitive web framework. Ruby has Rails, Python has Django, Java has Play, Elixir has Pheonix.
- Luminus - a Clojure web framework — Luminus is a Clojure micro-framework based on a set of lightweight libraries. It aims to provide a robust, scalable, and easy to use platform. With Luminus you can focus on developing your app the way you want without any distractions.
- Michael Dominick on Twitter — First time using Migration Assistant. Going from an M1 to an Intel Mac. Let’s see how this goes lol
- Skills of a Successful Software Engineer — Skills to grow from a solo coder into a productive member of a software development team, with seasoned advice on everything from refactoring to acing an interview.
- Coder to Developer
- Open Source Licenses to Avoid — Check if the open sources you use pose a threat to your business and find out what to do today to secure your company for years.