250: Linux Action News
21 July 2022
Microsoft makes a hard about-face, a significant fix for Ubuntu 22.04 is in the works, and the recent breakthrough by the Asahi Linux project.
- Microsoft changes its mind about open source monetization — Microsoft was trying to do the right thing, but it turns out doing nothing is better.
- Giorgio Sardo on Twitter — To clarify our intent, we removed the previous mention to open source pricing. We’re committed to building an open Store and enabling dev choice and flexibility. If there are intellectual property concerns about an app, please report it.
- An Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Fix Is Coming For A Very Annoying & Serious APT Problem — “installing the package libudev1 results in a large number of critical packages being removed and rendering the system essentially unusable.”
- [Bug #1974196 “Installing libudev1 on a new Jammy installation"](https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+bug/1974196 “Bug #1974196 “Installing libudev1 on a new Jammy installation”")
- Draft: Mark broken reverse depends for upgrade (!248) · Merge requests
- Drop-in, drop-out chats with Video Rooms in Element — This has been a long time coming and, frankly, we’re really excited to be introducing Video Rooms to you. It’s a major step towards richer video (and soon voice) rooms!
- SCALE 19x — SCaLE 19x is coming up July 28th - the 31st at the LAX Hilton. Promo code LAS50
- M2 is here! July 2022 Release & Progress Report — Welcome to another long overdue progress report! As usual, things have been busier than expected… and we have some big news! We’ve just released a new Asahi Linux update with Mac Studio, Bluetooth, and M2 support!
- Asahi Linux Update Brings Experimental Apple M2 Support