268: Linux Action News
24 November 2022
The contested subsystem coming soon, a sobering assessment of wireless support in Linux, and a triumph for free software.
- New subsystem for compute accelerator devices — This is the fourth (and hopefully last) version of the patch set to add the new subsystem for compute accelerators.
- Compute Accelerator Subsystem Hopes To Be Ready For Linux 6.2
- Peter’s Talk at Linux Plumbers Conference — All types of wireless in Linux are terrible and why the vendors should feel bad - Peter Robinson
- Intel’s IWD 2.0 Released For Modern Linux Wireless Daemon — Released this week was IWD 2.0 as the latest milestone for this open-source wireless daemon.
- Phoronix Premium Black Friday Deal — For this year’s deal, you can go premium for just $30 per year or $150 for a lifetime subscription.
- Asahi Linux Updates — This month’s update is packed with new hardware support, new features, and fixes for longstanding pain points, as well as a new bleeding-edge kernel branch with long-awaited support for suspend and the display controller!
- Feature Support · AsahiLinux/docs Wiki