73: 100 Days of HomeLab
17 June 2022
A special episode today as TechnoTim joins Alex to discuss everything Kubernetes and HomeLab. The #100DaysOfHomeLab initiative from Tim is just getting started, find out what it’s all about in today's episode.
- Self-Hosted Discord
- London Meetup
- TechnoTim on YouTube
- Join the 100 days of HomeLab Challenge — #100DaysOfHomeLab is a challenge to improve your IT skills.
- The HomeLab Challenge Video — This challenge is meant to accelerate your knowledge in servers, networking, infrastructure, automation, storage, containerization, orchestration, virtualization, Windows, Linux, and more!
- 12factor.net — Introduction In the modern era, software is commonly delivered as a service: called web apps, or software-as-a-service. The twelve-factor app is a methodology for building software-as-a-service apps that: Use declarative formats for setup automation, to minimize time and cost for new developers joining the project; Have a clean contract with the underlying operating system, offering maximum portability between execution environments; Are suitable for deployment on modern cloud platforms, obviating the need for servers and systems administration; Minimize divergence between development and production, enabling continuous deployment for maximum agility; And can scale up without significant changes to tooling, architecture, or development practices. The twelve-factor methodology can be applied to apps written in any programming language, and which use any combination of backing services (database, queue, memory cache, etc).
- Flux — Flux is a set of continuous and progressive delivery solutions for Kubernetes that are open and extensible.
- k8s-at-home — Awesome projects involving running Kubernetes at home.
- Jupiter Broadcasting Peertube