423: Dead Desktop Disco
21 July 2021
Has Microsoft figured out a way to invalidate the GPL? We're skeptical.
- Qualcomm CEO Outlines Plans to Compete With Apple Silicon — Speaking to Reuters, Amon said that Qualcomm is capable of having the best chip on the market, thanks to a team of chip architects who previously worked for Apple but have since come to Qualcomm.
- Drachinifel - YouTube
- Salt Lake City | Meetup
- Denver Meetup | Meetup
- Microsoft puts PCs in the cloud with Windows 365 — Windows 365 is a new service that creates Cloud PCs
- Microsoft is bringing Windows to a web browser — Windows 365 will work in modern web browsers on Macs, iPads, Android devices, and Linux devices.
- Microsoft announces Windows 365 Cloud PC for commercial customers — With Windows 365, organizations can choose the size of the Cloud PC based on their needs with predictable per user per month pricing.
- Satya Nadella on Twitter — With Windows 365, we’re bringing the operating system to the cloud and creating a new category: the cloud PC, providing organizations with greater flexibility and a secure way to empower their workforce, regardless of location.
- [“Every Preference Has a Cost”](https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2021/07/why-gnome-does-what-gnome-does-by-tobias-bernard ““Every Preference Has a Cost””) — GNOME’s Tobias Bernard has a new blog post out and it’s an essential read if you’re interested in the direction of the GNOME desktop.
- Community Power Part 4: The GNOME Way — In this post we’ll go over that ethos, both in terms of high level values, and what those translate to in more practical terms.