429: Apple Fools Everyone
1 September 2021
Recent reports would have you believe Apple has made significant concessions to developers. Don't be fooled! We read between the lines and break down what is and what is not changing.
- Colony Tracker - Live Tracker — Use the live tracker (powered by Linode) to check the current location. If we’re going to be in your area, hit that micro-meetup link.
- Apple makes App Store concessions to settle developer suit — Apple said Thursday it will relax some App Store rules in order to settle a class-action lawsuit brought by U.S.-based developers over its store terms.
- Apple, US developers agree to App Store updates - Apple
- Apple tweaks app pay rules in $100m settlement - BBC News
- The App Store is too big to change - The Verge
- Apple developers can’t escape the 30% toll, because the lawyers took it — The settlement agreement proposes that the plaintiffs will make
- Election Day Linux Desktop Contest — I am happy to announce that The Mad Botter INC is once again hosting an open-source software development contest for US students.