431: Success is not Illegal
15 September 2021
The more you read into it, the worse it gets. At least we have new devices to keep us happy.
- GitKraken — Legendary Git GUI client for Windows, Mac & Linux
- Apple Unveils iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max — Apple today announced the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max at its “California Streaming” event, featuring brighter Super Retina XDR displays with ProMotion, improved rear cameras, a more powerful variant of the A15 Bionic chip, up to 1TB of storage, a new Sierra Blue color option, and more.
- All-new iPad Mini announced with 5G, USB-C — The big news is that it’s larger than the iPad Mini 5 with an 8.3-inch display
- Breaking down the Epic v. Apple Fortnite trial ruling — Rogers clearly considers much of Epic and Apple’s behavior silly and many of both companies’ arguments bad.
- Epic has appealed Friday’s ruling in the Epic v. Apple case — The court ruled Friday that Epic should pay damages
- Java 17 / JDK 17 — JDK 17, the reference implementation of Java 17, is now Generally Available. We shipped build 35 as the first Release Candidate of JDK 17 on 6 August, and no P1 bugs have been reported since then. Build 35 is therefore now the GA build, ready for production use.
- K-Duo — This versatile brewer is the best of both worlds, using both K-Cup® pods and ground coffee to brew a cup and a carafe of your favorite varieties.
- Facebook Knows Instagram Is Toxic for Teen Girls, Company Documents Show — Its own in-depth research shows a significant teen mental-health issue that Facebook plays down in public