440: Just Say No to M1
17 November 2021
We get some spicy emails, dig into why Mike just picked up another Linux laptop, and then share our real thoughts on Web3.
- Michael Dominick on Twitter — Hush! Nobody tell @ChrisLAS #Linux @system76
- Unix Surplus Servers
- Web3 For Dummies — Web 3.0 generally refers to the next generation of the worldwide web. Just like Web 2.0 started from an abstract concept of sending information on an open network, Web 3.0 goes deeper into building a fairer and more transparent internet. For this reason, Web 3.0 is often associated with blockchain technology.
- Web3 Foundation Grants Program — As part of our commitment to promoting the Web3 ecosystem, we offer comprehensive grants programs focused on funding software development and research efforts related to Polkadot, Kusama and Substrate
- What Exactly is Web3? by Juan Benet at Web3 Summit 2018 — Juan Benet, Founder & CEO of Protocol Labs, talks about what Web3 is and how it is a part of a larger movement going on in the Internet in which humanity is going from a pre-computing civilization to a post-computing civilization.
- Apple Quietly Buying Ads Via Google For High-Value Subscription Apps — Apple is secretly buying Google ads for high-value apps to collect potentially millions of dollars in subscription revenue, multiple app publishers have told me. Apple is placing the ads without the app developers’ consent, and Google won’t delete them, they say.
- Apple secretly buying ads for their apps, complain developers
- Apple’s Ad Network Is The Biggest Beneficiary Of Apple’s New Marketing Rules: Report — “ASA is the only media source in iOS that functions independently of SKAdNetwork and deterministically attributes users,” AppsFlyer says. “It is therefore no surprise that it is the new #1 player among consenting users in both the Retention Index’s global power and volume rankings.”