475: I Do Declare
20 July 2022
Mike's ready to make a case for Declarative UI, and Chris pulls back the curtain to reveal a spicy take.
- Michael Dominick on Twitter — Living more or less purely in desktop #Linux, I’m finding a lot to love but do wish the community didn’t have to rely so heavily on electron and that there we’re some blessed gui app toolkit that’s was well supported.
- West Coast Matrix Chatroom — Join our West Coast chat room.
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetups — Our west coast tour dates are published!
- Introduction to declarative UI — Frameworks from Win32 to web to Android and iOS typically use an imperative style of UI programming. This might be the style you’re most familiar with—where you manually construct a full-functioned UI entity, such as a UIView or equivalent, and later mutate it using methods and setters when the UI changes.
- SwiftUI Overview — SwiftUI helps you build great-looking apps across all Apple platforms with the power of Swift
- Why SolarWinds just may be one of the most secure software companies in the tech universe — A house gets burglarized, the owners buy a fancy alarm system. A hurricane knocks a house down, it gets rebuilt bigger and stronger.
- SolarWinds hack: Untangling U.S. cybersecurity mess — “It’s certainly going to be the worst cyberattack in United States history thus far, and I don’t believe people understand its magnitude,”
- Try out Fountain.fm the Podcasting 2.0 apps w/Boosts
- Breez - Boost without Switch Podcast Apps