478: Strange New Workflows
10 August 2022
Why we think Malcolm Gladwell is wrong about remote work, and the complicated answer to a simple question.
- Egon on Twitter — I am on vacation at Mediterranean Sea trying to cope with the high humidity. I will now jump into the sea for a swim, maybe that can fix the issue.
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetups — Let’s end the summer with a west coast bang!
- West Coast Crew Matrix Chat Room — Hang out with the locals on the west coast.
- Cloud CPU Benchmarking Report — The report reveals how VPS offerings from these cloud providers stand up in terms of price, performance, and value, or performance per dollar spent. It is available as an instant download with no registration required.
- Author Malcolm Gladwell slams working from home — “It’s very hard to feel necessary when you’re physically disconnected,” the Canadian writer said.
- That Jerk at the Café? C’est Moi | Malcolm Gladwell on Writing in Coffee Shops - WSJ — The coffee-shop writer needs to be, as the sociologists would say, an outlier and not a pioneer. You don’t want to be the laptop cowboy who signals to other laptop cowboys that this is the place to be.
- Google CEO to employees: Productivity and focus must improve — “There are real concerns that our productivity as a whole is not where it needs to be for the head count we have.” He asked employees to help “create a culture that is more mission-focused, more focused on our products, more customer focused. We should think about how we can minimize distractions and really raise the bar on both product excellence and productivity.”
- Lenovo Expects 30+ Platforms With Linux Support This Year, Both AMD & Intel Systems — Lenovo’s Mark Pearson provided an update on Linux for their laptops/PCs, including 30+ platforms for 2022 with Linux support.
- Brandon beautifully explains why he loves VIM
- nixbytes: vim or emacs is more efficient
- Chris’ Fountain.FM Link — Try out Fountain.FM, boosts, clips, chapters, and more!