101: Linux Action News
14 April 2019
Google's important news this week, why Linux is fueling PowerShell Growth, and the Matrix breach that might be worse than it sounds.
- The 6 most important announcements from Google Cloud Next 2019 — Anthos is the new name of the Google Cloud Services Platform, Google’s managed service for allowing enterprises to run applications in their private data center and in Google’s cloud.
- PowerShell growth fueled by Linux use — PowerShell Core usage has grown significantly in the last two years. In particular, the bulk of our growth has come from Linux usage
- Teaching machines to triage Firefox bugs
- Mozilla still on track to enable DNS-over-HTTPS by default in Firefox
- Protections Against Fingerprinting and Cryptocurrency Mining Available in Firefox Nightly and Beta
- Matrix suffers security breach — An attacker gained access to the servers hosting Matrix.org. The intruder had access to the production databases, potentially giving them access to unencrypted message data, password hashes and access tokens.
- Archive of deleted GitHub Issues lodged by the hacker
- Chinese government proposes ban on bitcoin mining — A Chinese ban on cryptocurrency mining would be a huge deal for the global bitcoin community.