150: Linux Action News
21 March 2020
Why Debian is facing one of its most critical moments yet, Microsoft and GitHub buy npm, and our thoughts on Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 "Debbie."
- npm is joining GitHub — I’m excited to announce that GitHub has signed an agreement to acquire npm.
- The npm Blog — Next Phase Montage
- Microsoft’s GitHub absorbs NPM into its code-hosting empire
- GitHub for mobile is now available
- LMDE 4 “Debbie” released! — LMDE is a Linux Mint project which stands for “Linux Mint Debian Edition”.
- Debian Project Leader Elections 2020 — Jonathan Carter Sruthi Chandran Brian Gupta
- Platform for Jonathan Carter
- Platform for Sruthi Chandran
- Works With Chromebook — You’ll begin to see the Works With Chromebook badge on certified accessories in the U.S., Canada and Japan.
- Chromebooks Accessories & Chargers
- Chrome OS to get native app for printing and scanning
- Upcoming Chrome and Chrome OS releases — Due to adjusted work schedules at this time, we are pausing upcoming Chrome and Chrome OS releases.
- PAPPL Is A New Printer Application Framework Made By The Founder Of CUPS — Michael Sweet, the lead developer of CUPS who had been at Apple for more than a decade since they acquired it, is now developing PAPPL as a printer application framework in addition to his work on the new LPrint project.
- Crowdsourced supercomputing project sets sights on coronavirus — Folding@home targets COVID-19, number of volunteer ‘folders’ skyrockets
- Thousands of These Computers Were Mining Cryptocurrency. Now They’re Working on Coronavirus Research
- Gamers… assemble. It’s time to join forces with @NVIDIAGeForce and @OfficialPCMR
- NVIDIA GeForce on Twitter: PC Gamers, let’s put those GPUs to work.
- Firefox 74.0 Released — Firefox now provides better privacy for your web voice and video calls through support for mDNS ICE by cloaking your computer’s IP address with a random ID in certain WebRTC scenarios.