287: Linux Action News
5 April 2023
A fresh take on open-source funding, Fedora’s plan for better encryption out of the box, and our impressions of the latest Ubuntu Beta.
- New FOSS Fund to Support Free and Open Source Projects — To help maintain and sustain this ecosystem, companies and nonprofits alike have experimented with a framework called a FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) Contributor Fund.
- Bloomberg Launches Open-Source Funding Initiative
- Encrypted Fedora — Owen Taylor of Red Hat laid out a mailing list post and Discourse thread today around the future of encryption with Fedora.
- Google’s VM Turbo Charger — With this series, a workload running in a VM gets the same task placement and DVFS treatment as it would when running in the host.
- Linux Plumbers Conference 2022 CPUfreq/sched and VM guest workload problems
- Google Posts KVM-CPUFreq Driver To Dramatically Boost VM Performance, Power Efficiency
- KDE Discuss — KDE Discuss is a place for questions, requests, suggestions, banter, and in general interacting closely with the people actively involved in KDE, as well as with fellow users.
- KDE Discuss is a new discussion service from KDE for everybody who makes and uses KDE software
- New MSI Laptop Driver — Functions handled by the embedded controller on recent MSI laptops.
- new msi-ec driver patch
- Ubuntu 23.04 Beta Hands On
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetup — Two meetups in the month of April, join us!