344: Our Week with Windows
10 March 2020
We load up Windows 10 with WSL2, the new Terminal, and give it a go to see what it does better than Linux. Then we dive into the deep end and attend the first-ever WSLConf.
- OpenSilver: a modern, plugin-free, open-source reimplementation of Silverlight, that runs on current browsers via WebAssembly.
- Ubuntu 20.04’s zsys adds ZFS snapshots to package management
- Didier Roche on Twitter: “@jrssnet Thanks for your great article on zsys. Just one little precision: you can actually revert system state (with/without user states) in grub, which is the main UI for now. Hope you will love the feature and how we present them :)”
- Chris is going to Denver
- AppCenter for Everyone | Indiegogo
- Some AppCenter for Everyone stats!
- Chris Fisher on Twitter: “We’ll never beat the Mac if developers can’t eat. @elementary’s #appcenterforeveryone is our best shot in years. Why I’m driving to Denver to cover it, and my @lfnw backup plans”
- Chz’s markdown pick: quilter - Focus on your writing.
- Don’t forget about DST!
- FOSS Talk Live - June 20th at The Harrison near King’s Cross in London
- Keep the conversation going join us on Telegram
- How to make Windows 10 USB install media in Linux
- USB install media with WIM file larger than 4GB – Win10.Guru
- pbatard/uefi-ntfs: UEFI:NTFS - Boot NTFS partitions from UEFI
- slacka/WoeUSB: WoeUSB is a simple tool that enable you to create your own usb stick windows installer from an iso image or a real DVD. It is a fork of Congelli501’s WinUSB.
- Chocolatey - The package manager for Windows
- microsoft/terminal: The new Windows Terminal and the original Windows console host, all in the same place!
- Introducing the Docker Desktop WSL 2 Backend - Docker Blog
- Running k8s on WSL
- Safely Backup Google Photos | Ubuntu
- Plasmoid for managing Docker Containers : kde