408: Linux Road Warrior
1 June 2021
We’re joined by a special guest who’s built his very own Linux battle bus. We get the technical details on how Linux is at the core of this open road machine.
- Aaron Bockelie on LinkedIn
- Broccolibus6 on Instagram
- Aaron Bockelie on GitHub
- Home Assistant Conference – broccolibus.com — Today I will be presenting a short talk about our bus’s Home Assistant development.
- [YouTube] High Tech School Bus Conversion - Nissan Leaf Powered Tiny House For Family Of 6 — Aaron and his family of 6 live in their 40ft. Bluebird bus, which serves as an amazing home and gives them the ability to see the country. Aaron works full-time from the bus as a way to fund their adventures and they homeschool their 4 children.
- Pepwave MAX Transit DUO “PrimeCare Edition” Dual Modem LTE-A — The Peplink Pepwave Max Transit LTE-Advanced DUO PrimeCare Edition is a serious mobile router for the advanced user.
- Venus GX - Victron Energy — The Venus GX is the communication-centre of your installation. Venus allows you to talk to all components in your system and ensure they are working in harmony.
- An Open-Source USB to CAN Adapter - CANable — The CANable is a small low-cost open source USB to CAN adapter. The CANable shows up as a virtual serial port on your computer and acts as a serial-line to CAN bus interface
- DeskPi Pro Set-top Box For Raspberry Pi 4
A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
By the end of this course, you will feel comfortable working with a large variety of networking tools and configurations to manage complex Linux networking implementations.