415: Something Sinister Below Deck
20 July 2021
Could the Steam Deck mean fewer native Linux games? We chat with prolific game developer Ethan Lee and get his perspective on the negative impacts of the Deck.
- CBL-Mariner Stories
- microsoft/CBL-Mariner — Linux OS for Azure 1P services and edge appliances
- Linux Action News 186
- Ethan Lee on Twitter — “If you have released a Linux version of your game on Steam and are directly approached by Valve about using Proton instead, please get in touch (DMs open). They’ve already done this a few times, but I would like to see how aggressive they’re planning to be going forward.”
- Ethan “flibitijibibo” Lee May Retire from Programming Due to Valve’s Proton
- Destination Linux 235 — Valve’s Steam Deck & Right To Repair Goes Mainstream
- Rocky and Gred Spin BS to avoid coming on LUP
- I agree with Johnny Hughes - CentOS Project dev and Board Member - if Stream does not do the job - Alma seems like the way to go
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetup(s)
- Salt Lake City Meetup
- Denver Meetup
- JB Telegram
- Pick: Hotwire — Hotwire allows you to study network traffic of a few popular protocols in a simple way
- Hotwire Screenshot
- Pick: RustScan — 🤖 The Modern Port Scanner 🤖
- RustScan Screenshot
- “Head of Strategy” of Muse Group (Muse Score, Audacity, Ultimate Guitar) continues to threaten developer in public
A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
15% off your first project a mobile app, a web app, a Linux app, anything!
By the end of this course, you will feel comfortable working with a large variety of networking tools and configurations to manage complex Linux networking implementations.