466: The Night of a Thousand Errors
10 July 2022
We were fixing servers all night, but at least we have a great story. A special guest joins us to help make a big show announcement.
- Systemd Creator Lands At Microsoft
- Brunch with Brent: Quentin Stafford-Fraser
- Brunch With Brent: Tim Canham — Brent sits down with Tim Canham, Senior Software Engineer at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory. We explore topics including the hardware and software powering NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter; JPL’s switch from Solaris to Linux; the open source projects, tools, and philosophy at JPL, …and more.
- JPL Free Public Tours
- West Coast Crew Matrix Room
- Jupiter.party - The JB Network Membership
- ptpython — A better Python REPL.
- IPython — A powerful interactive shell.
- Jupyter Notebooks
- Joe’s minimal implementation of Git ~300 LOC
- Podcasting 2.0 Apps
- Pick: dua-cli — View disk space usage and delete unwanted data, fast.
- dust — A more intuitive version of du in rust.
- parallel-disk-usage — Highly parallelized, blazing fast directory tree analyzer.
- dirstat-rs — (fastest?) disk usage cli, similar to windirstat.
- dutree — a tool to analyze file system usage written in Rust.
- F’ — A Flight Software and Embedded Systems Framework.
- Play webtorrent’s with mpv
Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
Linode Cloud Hosting
A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.