34: Take Powerline Seriously
18 December 2020
Chris discovers a networking miracle, Alex has been playing with electrics, and we review the Wyze Cam 3.
- Gmail, YouTube, Google Docs and other services go down in multiple countries — Google experienced an authentication system outage for approximately 45 minutes due to an internal storage quota issue.
- Pictures of Chris’ new Server Cupboard — Just finished my new spot for networking equipment in my RV Lady Jupiter.
- Aeotec Multisensor 6 — 6-in-1 Z-Wave Plus MultiSensor: motion, humidity, temperature, light lux, UV, vibration sensor.
- TP-Link AV1000 Powerline Starter Kit — HomePlug AV2 Standard - high-speed data transfer rates of up to 1000 Mbps, supporting all your online needs
- PCI(e) Passthrough - Proxmox VE — PCI(e) passthrough is a mechanism to give a virtual machine control over a PCI device from the host. This can have some advantages over using virtualized hardware, for example lower latency, higher performance, or more features (e.g., offloading).
- Home Assistant Conference 2020 - Home Assistant — The Home Assistant Conference is an online event to celebrate the community. It’s where the Home Assistant community will share their ideas, creations and major milestones. The event will take place on December 13, 2020.
- Home Assistant Blue! — We challenged ourselves: what would the perfect home automation hub look like. Not just software, but also hardware and looks.
- Automate with Blueprints! — Say hello; to the major new feature of Home Assistant 2020.12: Blueprints!
- Latest Blueprints Exchange topics - Home Assistant Community
- Wyze Cam v3
- iGD/GPU Passthrough with Intel - GPU HANG: ecode, hang on vecs0
- Mini ITX Motherboard with Intel QuickSync Support — ASRock J5040-ITX Intel Quad-Core Pentium Silver Processor J5040
- OpenYourMouth — Open Source Recipes from the Jupiter Broadcasting community
- Chowdown — Chowdown is my attempt at fixing recipe app burnout, by moving my recipes out of closed services and into plain text.
- groceri.es — groceri.es is a web-based application to manage your recipes and plan your meals ahead. groceri.es keeps track of your menu plans and generates a groceries list for you.