63: Pulling the Rug Out
28 January 2022
Alex has a new high-quality self-hosted music setup, and Chris solves complicated Internet problems.
- Aeotec Z-Wave Smart Switch 7 — Aeotec’s smallest, best-certified smart plug built with Gen7, Z-Wave Plus, S2, and SmartStart. 30% smaller than past smart switches at only 2.4x1.5x1.2 inch - so small that it doesn’t block other power outlets!
- Spotify Takes Down Neil Young’s Music — Folk-rock star had over six million monthly listeners on the service
- Lidarr — Lidarr is a music collection manager for Usenet and BitTorrent users. It can monitor multiple RSS feeds for new albums from your favorite artists and will interface with clients and indexers to grab, sort, and rename them. It can also be configured to automatically upgrade the quality of existing files in the library when a better quality format becomes available.
- AMD — RandomNinjaAtk/amd is a Lidarr companion script to automatically download music for Lidarr
- Google will shut down your free G Suite account — Google announced yesterday (Jan. 19) that all users of the G Suite “legacy free edition” would need to “to upgrade to a paid Google Workspace subscription” by July 1, 2022 in order to keep using Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive and the Google office suite, including Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- Google could face class action lawsuit over free G Suite legacy account shutdown
- Google relents: Legacy G Suite users will be able to migrate to free accounts
- Let’s Encrypt is revoking lots of SSL certificates in two days — Let’s Encrypt will begin revoking certain SSL/TLS certificates issued within the last 90 days due to a bug, starting January 28, 2022. The move could impact millions of active Let’s Encrypt certificates.
- ChrisLAS Birthday Party Hang and Chow | Meetup — Join us at the studio up in Arlington for a hang and chow. Attendees are encouraged to bring their favorite dish or at least an appetite.
- Mobile Internet Bundles — Most bundles come with everything you need to get you online and connected
- PepVPN - Peplink — PepVPN is our foundation VPN engine. It is ideal for establishing a secure tunnel over any WAN link and is probably the world’s easiest VPN technology.
- Speedify VPN review
- PDF: SpeedFusion and PepVPN — Our patented SpeedFusion technology powers enterprise VPNs that tap into the bandwidth of up to 13 low-cost cable, DSL, 4G LTE/3G, and other links connected anywhere on your corporate or institutional WAN.