75: In-Flight Changes
15 July 2022
Our thoughts on the new Works with Home Assistant program, some changes to Alex's off-site backup server, and a million bits of great feedback.
- Introducing the Works with Home Assistant program — With Home Assistant, we integrate with over 1000 different APIs. The majority of these integrations are created and maintained by the Home Assistant community. Over the years a number of companies have stepped up to work with our community offering samples and engineering support. In a few cases, we saw companies pick up the maintenance of integrating their products in Home Assistant.
- Database of Zigbee devices — List of Zigbee devices supported by ZHA, Tasmota, Zigbee2MQTT, deCONZ, Zigbee for Domoticz or ioBroker.zigbee
- Vikunja — Vikunja is an Open-Source, self-hosted To-Do list application for all platforms. It is licensed under the AGPLv3.
- Vikunja Docker Walkthrough
- London Meetup — August 5th at 6pm GMT (meetup.com is based off JBs Pacific Time). To confirm when I say 6pm GMT I mean 6pm as you look your watch - time savings and all that be damned - you know what I mean when I say 6pm GMT :)
- West Coast Crew Matrix Chat Room — Are you on the US West coast? Join our Matrix room and get the latest on our west coast road tour coming up!
- LinuxCard — Using the LinuxCard is easy, insert the SD card, connect USB-C to a computer, and open your favourite serial console app (minicom, PuTTY, etc), if you do not see the boot log, try the other virtual serial port (two exist). In case of a boot error, the SD card LED will blink in an infinite pattern, you can see the code for details on what various numbers of blinks mean.
- First Alert Z-Wave Smoke Detector — Receive real-time notifications when smoke or carbon monoxide is detected.
- Aeotec Water Leak Sensor Zigbee — lace the Aeotec SmartThings Water Leak Sensor under sinks, refrigerators, washing machines, and more to detect excess water or moisture and receive immediate alerts on your phone
- FlightAware ADS-B Store — This kit provides you all the parts you need to create an ADS-B receiver. It will allow you to track aircraft up to 250NM away. Using FlightAware’s open-source software you can receive data from 1090MHz equipped aircraft and have it displayed in a web-based radar-like interface.
- Valeronoi — A companion for Valetudo for generating WiFi signal strength maps. It visualizes them using a Voronoi diagram.
- Shelly Leak Sensor — Connect Shelly Flood directly to your Wi-Fi network, without the need of any additional controller.
- Get a New Podcast App and Boost the Show — Grab a Podcasting 2.0 compatible app or a Boost-specific app.