8: WLED Changes the Game
19 December 2019
Sometimes one project can lead to a hundred more. We celebrate Home Assistant's new release, the inclusion of the WLED integration and fall down the DIY project rabbit hole.
- Hass.io - Home Assistant — Hass.io turns your Raspberry Pi (or another device) into the ultimate home automation hub powered by Home Assistant. With Hass.io you can focus on integrating your devices and writing automations.
- Home Assistant Community Store — HACS gives you a powerful UI to handle downloads of custom needs.
- Omni 20c+ 100W USB-C/Wireless Charging — Portable Power Bank with USB Hub
- ESPHome — ESPHome is a system to control your ESP8266/ESP32 by simple yet powerful configuration files and control them remotely through Home Automation systems.
- Home Assistant Smart LEDs using WLED and ESP8266 — A platinum level Home Assistant integration for the WLED project was released with version 0.120 on Nov 20th 2019. I’m going to walk you through flashing a D1 Mini (though the same steps apply for a NodeMCU too) using Linux. You can probably expect this process to take about 5-10 minutes.
- WLED: Control WS2812B RGB LEDs with an ESP8266 over WiFi! — A fast and feature-rich implementation of an ESP8266/ESP32 webserver to control NeoPixel (WS2812B, WS2811, SK6812, APA102) LEDs!
- LED strips - Google Sheets
- 0.102: Official Android App, Almond, Scene editor
- Self-Hosted Live Hack Livestream Recording — DIY ESP device based LEDs just got a whole lot easier.