390: The Gold Rust
2 December 2020
After we geek out about keyboards, we answer some feedback and take a dip in the Rust lust.
- Das Keyboard Q software — The information you need - on your keyboard
- Vortex Race 3 Mechanical Keyboard — Vortex’s newest 75% keyboard, the 83-key Race 3! Do you need dedicated arrow keys that your 60% doesn’t provide, but don’t want the size of a TKL? A 75% may be just for you! Most of the keys are in the “normal” spot, so there’s nearly no learning curve for this keyboard.
- Vortexgear Race 3 - on Amazon
- CODE Mechanical Keyboard — The CODE keyboard is designed to be timeless – but modern and unobtrusive as well.
- Khaos Tian on Twitter — Ubuntu virtualized on M1 ;)
- Linus Torvalds wants an M1 Mac — I’d absolutely love to have one, if it just ran Linux..
- Salesforce deal to buy Slack expected to be announced tomorrow — The deal is expected to be about half cash and half stock, the sources said, and will price Slack at a premium.
- Dear Microsoft — So welcome, Microsoft, to the revolution. We’re glad you’re going to be helping us define this new product category. We admire many of your achievements and know you’ll be a worthy competitor. We’re sure you’re going to come up with a couple of new ideas on your own too. And we’ll be right there, ready.
- Source: Microsoft mulled an $8 billion bid for Slack — Microsoft eyed Slack as a potential acquisition target for as much as $8 billion, TechCrunch has heard
- Slack Missed Out on the Pandemic’s Zoom Boom
- Amazon: We’re hiring software engineers who know programming language Rust — Open-source programming language Rust is a critical component of our long-term strategy, says AWS.
- Why AWS loves Rust, and how we’d like to help