395: 50 Shades of M1
6 January 2021
Their lives change forever when they meet a handsome, tormented, laptop.
- Plain Text Accounting, a guide to Ledger and friends - plaintextaccounting.org — Plain text accounting means doing accounting with plain text data formats and scriptable software, in the style of Ledger, hledger, beancount, and co.
- Beancount: Double-Entry Accounting from Text Files. — A double-entry bookkeeping computer language that lets you define financial transaction records in a text file, read them in memory, generate a variety of reports from them, and provides a web interface.
- Fava - web interface for Beancount — Fava is a web interface for the double-entry bookkeeping software Beancount with a focus on features and usability.
- Michael Dominick on Twitter — Interesting! It looks like @jetbrains is already on the M1 train.
- Dell.com/linux — With Canonical and Red Hat certification, Dell validation, and factory install options, you can be assured that your system just works.
- Dell XPS 13 Laptop As Built for the Show — + “Tiger Lake” 11th-gen CPU up to 4.2 GHz + Ubuntu Linux 20.04 + Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics (more on this) + 16GB 4267MHz LPDDR4x Memory Onboard (Max of 32GB possible) + 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive (Max of 2TB Possible) + 1080p touch edge to edge infinity display (4k optional)
- XPS 13 vs ThinkPad X1 Carbon Machine Learning Benchmark
- XPS 13 ML Base Benchmark - Compare your system to this one — Compare your own system(s) to this result file with the Phoronix Test Suite by running the command: phoronix-test-suite benchmark 2101015-FI-CODERRADI28
- Intel Xe Graphics’ Incredible Performance Uplift From OpenCL To oneAPI Level Zero To Vulkan — It’s quite a straight-forward comparison with the Gen9/11/12 all using the Dell XPS of their time and running Ubuntu 20.10 with the above mentioned graphics driver stack configuration
- Intel’s Iris Xe Graphics Preview: Is Real Gaming Power in Reach for Thin-and-Light Laptops?
- Intel Xe Graphics: Puts its GPU Stakes in the Ground