443: Reptilian Power Play
8 December 2021
We peak in on one of the nastiest corporate moves in a while, and Chris has a big confession.
- Miami Wants to Be Crypto Capital of U.S. - YouTube — Miami Mayor Francis Suarez, who said earlier last month he would take his next paycheck “100% in Bitcoin,”
- Relegendable keycaps for your macropad — One at work and one at home, both run QMK, firmware that allows me to program the macropad with my own shortcuts.
- Advantage2 Wired Ergonomic Keyboard for Mac & PC
- Absolute Zero has a great system for productivity — Search engines can be great for discovery of new information so long as you know how they work, but they are sorely lacking in the information recall department. One of the best productivity hacks for me to address information recall has been to use the following system.
- New York CEO fires 900 employees on Zoom call — The CEO of New York-based online mortgage lender Better.com has sacked a total of 900 employees with immediate effect during a now-viral Zoom call.
- Vishal Garg CEO of Better.com fires 900 employees over Zoom meeting - footage - YouTube
- A freelancer’s dilemma — It begins by being clear about what you own, what you’re good at it and what gives you satisfaction.
- Apple has a crafty plan to crack the business market — The company is preparing a business-only offer through which organizations will be able to get a 13-inch MacBook Air for as little as $30 a month.
- Apple Business Essentials want to help your SMB manage all your devices — Now available in beta, Apple Business Essentials offers device management, 24/7 Apple Support and iCloud storage in flexible subscription plans for small businesses with up to 500 employees.
- Use New Amazon EC2 M1 Mac Instances to Build & Test Apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV — The availability (in preview) of EC2 M1 Mac instances lets you access machines built around the Apple-designed M1 System on Chip (SoC).
- GitHub - geerlingguy/mac-dev-playbook — This playbook installs and configures most of the software I use on my Mac for web and software development. Some things in macOS are slightly difficult to automate, so I still have a few manual installation steps, but at least it’s all documented here.
- ’MiamiCoin’ cryptocurrency is a potential game-changer — The South Florida city is the first municipality to accept cryptocurrency contributions through CityCoins, which the mayor says may one day take the place of taxes