534: Blame the Automation
6 September 2023
Azure suffers a big outage, and Microsoft blames faulty automation; why we think there might be early signs of weak demand for Apple's Vision Pro and more.
- ⚡ Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Create an Alby Account to get a lightning wallet for payments wherever you go.
- 🎉 Coder Radio on the Podcastindex.org — Boost from the Web. Once you have Alby topped off, you can Boost from our page on the Podcast Index.
- Visual Studio for Mac Retirement Announcement — Today we are announcing the retirement of the Visual Studio for Mac IDE. Visual Studio for Mac 17.6 will continue to be supported for another 12 months, until August 31st, 2024
- Microsoft blames outage on small staff, automation failures — Just three people were on duty in Australia when ‘power sag’ struck and software failures left them blind
- Apple Claims Vision Pro SDK Downloads Exceeded Expectations Amid Developer Lab Attendance Concerns — The affirmation comes on the heels of concerns highlighted by Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman last month claiming that the developer labs have been “under-filled with small amounts of developers.”
- Apple’s Vision Pro Developer Labs Not Drawing Many Attendees — Any developer can apply to attend a developer lab, but Apple is not reimbursing for travel, and developers located on the east coast of the United States will have to fund cross-country travel to get to the lab.
- Elon Musk wants to turn X into a LinkedIn competitor — All in the name of turning X into an “everything app.”
- Elon Musk’s X obtains required license for crypto payments — Notably, Rhode Island approved a requested license by Twitter Payments LLC — X’s payment branch — on August 28, according to data from NMLS. The “Currency Transmitter” license also includes different crypto-related service providers, such as crypto exchanges, wallets, and payment processors.