166: Linux Action News
6 December 2020
Desktop Linux users saw a lot of new features land this week, and SUSE might just have a new cloud-winning strategy.
- Budgie 10.5.2 Desktop Environment Released with Support for the GNOME 3.38 Stack
- Budgie 10.5.2 Released
- KDE Plasma 5.20.4 Is Out with More Than 40 Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Plasma 5.20.4 complete changelog
- GNOME 3.38.2 Desktop Environment Is Out with Even More Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Cinnamon 4.8 Desktop Environment Released, This Is What’s New
- New Raspberry Pi OS release — The traditional end-of-year new release of Raspberry Pi OS, which we launch today.
- Raspberry Pi’s V3DV Vulkan Driver Now Supports Wayland — Raspberry Pi fans were celebrating that the V3DV driver is now officially Vulkan 1.0 conformant for supporting this modern high-performance graphics/compute API atop the Raspberry Pi 4 and newer.
- Should Red Hat be afraid of SUSE’s Rancher acquisition? — SUSE, a major Linux and cloud company, finalized its acquisition of Rancher Labs earlier this year.. Rancher, formerly a privately held open-source company, had over 37,000 active users and 100-million downloads of its flagship Kubernetes management program, Rancher.
- Rancher Labs - Wikipedia
- Network World
- SUSE to Acquire Rancher Labs - YouTube