271: Juno Jubilation
16 October 2018
elementary OS’ latest and greatest released today, and we talk with Dan and Cassidy from the project about their biggest release yet.
- Tiny Palm smartphone baffles gadget fans - BBC News — A tiny Android smartphone designed to be a “companion phone”.
- KDE e.V. receives a sizeable donation from Handshake Foundation | KDE.news — We are excited to announce that the KDE e.V. received a donation of 300,000 USD from the Handshake Foundation.
- elementary OS 5 Juno is Here — Refinement, Productivity, & an Improved Developer Platform.
- Allen questions the Flatpak FUD - Pastebin.com
- Flatpaks, sandboxes and security — What Flatpak brings to this is understanding of the specific desktop app problem space
- Should GNOME Drop Support for GTK3 Themes? — It seems that our love of customisation is merely an illusion
- Restyling apps at scale — tl;dr: If you want to change how an app looks, you need a designer in the loop.
- DXVK 0.90 released : linux
- Pumpkin Carving Contest #JackOLinux — Submission deadline is October 24, 2018, and the top 3 winners will be announced on October 31st!
- Chrome OS Stable Channel Gets Linux Apps
- Did Microsoft Really Just “Open Source All Its Patents”?? — This means the company can use or distribute ‘Linux System’ technologies without risk that another OIN participant may assert their patents against such ‘Linux System’ technologies.
- Ubuntu 18.10 Release Date and New Features [Updated] | It’s FOSS
- GPD Pocket 2 Preview — The GPD Pocket 2 is a handheld computer that looks like a laptop, but which is small enough to fold up and slide into your pocket.
- UBports — Ubuntu Touch is the touch-friendly mobile version of Ubuntu. This operating system is developed and maintained by UBports: An international community of passionate volunteers. This means Ubuntu Touch is 100% community driven and independent. Read more about the OS
- Ubuntu Touch OTA-5 — While many have already joined the community on 16.04 with OTA-4, in addition to the long-term support of upstream Ubuntu development, OTA-5 will include a more stable experience, new tweaks, and new features to show off this next stage of Ubuntu Touch development.
- Dalton Durst’s GitHub
- DaltonDurst - Ubuntu Wiki
- Automation System Naming
- Jupiter Broadcasting · GitHub