401: Own Your Mailbox
13 April 2021
Do as we say, not as we do. This week we're setting off to host our own email. We'll cover the basics, what's we're using, and why.
- Google Online Security Blog: Rust in the Android platform — We’re excited to announce that the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) now supports the Rust programming language for developing the OS itself.
- Mike Kelly on Twitter — I’ve been curious to try out @rustlang and wanted to celebrate @LinuxUnplugged episode 400… so I combined both in a silly fun little project. Check it out… a mini-website powered by Rust… @ChrisLAS and @wespayne would be proud!
- Mars Helicopter Flight Delayed — During a high-speed spin test of the rotors on Friday, the command sequence controlling the test ended early due to a “watchdog” timer expiration.
- Work Progresses Toward Ingenuity’s First Flight on Mars — Over the weekend, the team considered and tested multiple potential solutions to this issue, concluding that minor modification and reinstallation of Ingenuity’s flight control software is the most robust path forward.
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- Mailcow.email — The mailserver suite with the ‘moo’ – 🐮 + 🐋 = 💕.
- Mailcow: dockerized documentation
- SOGo — SOGo is a fully supported and trusted groupware server with a focus on scalability and open standards.
- Zimbra: Open Source Secure Private Business Email & Collaboration
- Mail-in-a-Box Setup Guide
- Jupiter Garage
- GNOME Designers Explore a ‘Bottom Bar’ Layout for GNOME Shell
Linode Cloud Hosting
A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
New JB Stickers
Own a bit of Jupiter Broadcasting history, while making way for the new!
A Cloud Guru
Hundreds of courses, thousands of hands-on labs.