421: Server Savior Squad
31 August 2021
A surprise server outage at the studio requires we jump into action with a few last-minute solutions and deploy one of our favorite open-source tools.
- SCO v. IBM settlement deal is done — Documents filed in the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware last week suggest a settlement payment of just $14.25 million will see the matter closed.
- ChrisLAS on Twitter — “My spot to record in Arizona today.”
- Ventoy Adds a Web GUI — Ventoy now ships with a web-based graphical user interface since version 1.0.36.
- Ventoy — Ventoy is an open source tool to create bootable USB drive for ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files.
- “Apps For GNOME” Launches To Highlight GNOME Apps — There hasn’t been a comprehensive, modern, user-friendly web-site for outlining all of the GNOME apps and inviting participation until now with this Apps for GNOME.
- Apps for GNOME — Discover the best Apps for GNOME.
- nebula — A scalable overlay networking tool with a focus on performance, simplicity and security.
- TheOrangeOne’s Blog — Nebula mesh network - an introduction.
- Jon the Nice Guy’s Blog — Nebula Offline Certificate Management with a Raspberry Pi using Bash.
- Nebula-Cert-Maker — A script that allows you to create new host certificates and keys.
- Gardiner Bryant on YouTube — I wasn’t prepared for how much growth System76 has experienced in the year and a half since my last visit.
- Stickers | Jupiter Broadcasting Garage Sale
- Pick: psst — Fast and multi-platform Spotify client with native GUI.
A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
Own a bit of Jupiter Broadcasting history, while making way for the new!
By the end of this course, you will feel comfortable working with a large variety of networking tools and configurations to manage complex Linux networking implementations.