478: The Best of Both Worlds
2 October 2022
We go hands-on at NASA's JPL and learn why Linux is the best OS for Earth and Mars.
- 412Linux on Twitter — Sadly, @ChrisLAS is the first person I thought about after reading the Stadia update. He really did believe in it. Can’t wait to hear his t
- A message about Stadia and our long term streaming strategy — A few years ago, we also launched a consumer gaming service, Stadia. And while Stadia’s approach to streaming games for consumers was built on a strong technology foundation, it hasn’t gained the traction with users that we expected so we’ve made the difficult decision to begin winding down our Stadia streaming service.
- The Verge blames Linux — Google spent millions convincing publishers like Ubisoft and Take-Two to bring their biggest games to Stadia. Google had to pay such large sums because the work to port games over wasn’t particularly easy given Stadia runs on Linux, a platform game developers haven’t paid enough attention to.
- Stadia died because no one trusts Google
- Grants Pass Geocache Location
- Sacramento Geocache Location
- Pasadena Geocache Location
- Office Hours 13: One Long Monday
- Check out our Meetups
- Our West Coast Matrix Crew
- Google Photos is messing up old backed-up images for some users
- frozear’s NixOS Config — It uses Awesome Window Manager, the Ranger file manager and Kitty for a terminal. Dotfiles for those three are included.
- Ham Radio Linux Distributions
- Linux in the Ham Shack
- Podcasting 2.0 Apps
- Bitrefill — Buy Gift Cards & Top Up Airtime with Bitcoin or Crypto
- JPL Open Source Rover Project — A build-it-yourself, 6-wheel rover based on the rovers on Mars!
Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
Linode Cloud Hosting
A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.