17: Where Do I Start?
23 April 2020
We share some of our top tips for getting started with Self-Hosting and cover some more network basics.
- Self-Hosted now has a Discord server! — Join us over on Discord!
- Plex Blog - Two New Delicious Apps — A post from Plex about their two shiny new apps.
- Plex Dash — A Medium post from Plex about their new app Plex Dash.
- Plexamp — A Medium post from Plex about their new app Plexamp.
- Healthchecks.io — Simple and Effective Cron Job Monitoring
- Self-Hosted Healthchecks.io Container (from Linuxserver.io) — Receive alerts when your nightly backups, weekly reports, cron jobs and scheduled tasks don’t run on time.
- Let’s Encrypt Docker Starter Guide from Linuxserver.io — The goal of this guide is to give you ideas on what can be accomplished with the LinuxServer letsencrypt docker image and to get you started.
- Linuxserver.io Docker 101 Docs — A quick intro to the basics of getting started with Docker.
- serverbuilds.net — A site dedicated to helping you find the best deals on used Enterprise gear.
- Alex’s cheap x86 pfsense build — A build log for a $150 x86 based pfsense router.
- Unmanaged vs Managed network switches — What’s the difference and do you really need a managed switch?
- How to transfer accounts for a SmartHome when you sell up — How do you ensure future owners realize the value of your smart home devices?