78: We Should Know Better
26 August 2022
We learned some really hard lessons this week, and reflect. Then Chris finds the perfect temperature sensor, and Alex finds a beautiful media discovery app.
- Plex was compromised — Change your password now
- Authentication for local network access — When your Plex Media Server is claimed or signed in to a Plex account, then all access to the server will require authentication by default. That means that you either need to be signed in with the server’s admin/owner account or with an account with which the server is shared.
- Overseerr — Overseerr is a request management and media discovery tool
- A Dad Took Photos of His Naked Toddler for the Doctor. Google Flagged Him as a Criminal. - The New York Times
- Fully automated offline gmail backup? Searchable?
- Got Your Back (GYB — Got Your Back (GYB) is a command line tool for backing up your Gmail messages to your local computer. It uses Gmail’s API over HTTPS.
- immich — High performance self-hosted photo and video backup solution.
- Aqara Temperature Humidity Sensor — Monitors temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure in real time.
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetups — Our west coast meetups are coming up soon!
- Join the West Coast Crew Chat on Matrix — Ask questions and share knowledge. Our west coast meetups are coming up soon.
- New Podcast Apps — Grab a new podcast app, and send a boost into the show.