26 January 2022
The audience hits us in the face with some hard truths, and then we dig into Microsoft's fox-like moves to snatch up Activision Blizzard on "the cheap."
- Microsoft to acquire Activision Blizzard to bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone, across every device — Microsoft will acquire Activision Blizzard for $95.00 per share, in an all-cash transaction valued at $68.7 billion
- Microsoft Effort to Buy Activision Spurred by Misconduct Fallout at Gamemaker
- Bobby Kotick interview — Bobby Kotick has been CEO of Activision Blizzard since its inception in the merger of Activision and Blizzard in 2008, and he was also CEO of Activision for decades before that. He engineered the $5.9 billion acquisition of King, maker of Candy Crush Saga, in 2015.
- [“The deal that will change the industry forever”](https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-01-19-the-deal-that-will-change-the-industry-forever-analysts-on-microsofts-activision-acquisition ““The deal that will change the industry forever””) — This is not only the biggest games M&A deal of recent years, or even the past decade, but the largest in the industry’s history.
- Xbox on Twitter — Xbox is committed to our journey for inclusion in every aspect of gaming. We hold all teams to this commitment. We’re looking forward to extending our culture of proactive inclusion to the great teams across Activision Blizzard.
- Vivek Sharma on Twitter — What a time to be alive! Some thoughts on Microsoft + ActiveVision with my usual caveat of these being my own musing and nothing much to do with our work at Meta
- marak 🗿 on Twitter — What’s up @Github? Ten days since you removed my ability to publish to NPM and fix the Infinity Zalgo bug in colors.js
- Duane O’Brien on Twitter — The crux of this thread is: we sponsored faker.js, I don’t think it helped the maintainer much, we didn’t get any notice, and I’d do it all again.
- faker - Open Collective
- Dutch Regulator Says Apple’s Plan for Third-Party In-App Payments is Insufficient — As a result, the ACM has hit Apple with an initial 5 million euro fine as a consequence, and fines will continue to be assessed at 5 million euros per week up to a maximum of 50 million euros until Apple complies.
- Introduction to Celery — Celery communicates via messages, usually using a broker to mediate between clients and workers. To initiate a task the client adds a message to the queue, the broker then delivers that message to a worker.
- GE Z-Wave Plus Smart Outdoor Switch — No wiring required. Simply plug in the device and connect to your hub for convenient ON/OFF functions.
- Deezer plans