384: Born To Run Fedora
15 December 2020
It's light as a feather, fast as hell, and everything is upstream. The ThinkPad X1 Carbon ships with Fedora, and this week we put it to the test.
- Cast Your Nominations for the 2020 Tuxies
- CloudLinux to invest more than a million dollars a year into CentOS clone — Project Lenix will be a free, open-source, community-driven, 1:1 binary compatible fork of RHEL 8 (and future releases).
- Feedback: Mike’s Stream Struggles
- Matrix Client: Fractal — Fractal is a Matrix messaging app for GNOME written in Rust. Its interface is optimized for collaboration in large groups, such as free software projects.
- Matrix Client: nheko — The motivation behind the project is to provide a native desktop app for Matrix that feels more like a mainstream chat app.
- This Week in Matrix
- Lenovo begins rollout of Fedora Linux on their laptops, Ubuntu systems due soon — As the Fedora team mentioned in the original announcement, it’s coming without any bloat as they said Lenovo “respects our open source principles”. The only software they will have is from the included repositories, no extra fluff.
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 8 Spec (PDF)
- HW probe of Chris’ ThinkPad X1 Carbon
- LENOVO 20U9CTO1WW - Geekbench Browser
- chrislas’s Profile - Geekbench Browser
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- Feedback: Rob’s Academic Tuxies
- Rob’s blog: FOSS Academic
- Feedback from Marcus: The Best Top Tool
- Glances — An Eye on your system
- Pick: pbgopy — Copy and paste between devices.