461: Deep in the Tumbleweeds
5 June 2022
Three tails of tech tribulations, and how Brent saved his openSUSE Tumbleweed box from the brink.
- [Markuss Broks 🦆 on Twitter: “iPad Air 2 running Linux 5.18”](https://twitter.com/quaack723/status/1531965090018349057 “Markuss Broks 🦆 on Twitter: “iPad Air 2 running Linux 5.18"”)
- [Konrad Dybcio on Twitter: “It’s spreading quickly 😎”](https://twitter.com/konradybcio/status/1532908202270105600 “Konrad Dybcio on Twitter: “It’s spreading quickly 😎””)
- #46 Going Mobile · This Week in GNOME
- JB’s London Meetup
- Jupiter Tube
- WWDC 2022 Live - JupiterTube
- NixOS 22.05 released — NixOS is already known as the most up to date distribution and is the distribution with the most packages. This release saw 9345 new packages and 10666 updated packages. Removal of unmaintained packages is also important to keep the package set working and secure. This release removed 5874 packages that were available in 21.11.
- Install and Configure NixOS on a Linode
- NixOS On Linode.md — This tutorial is written for people who want to run NixOS on a Linode instance. The installation is pretty straightforward, but it involves some bootstrapping using Linode’s tools.
- Declarative Cloud Infrastructure with Terraform
- LINUX Unplugged 432 - Three Tumbleweed Temptations
- openSUSE Community Annual Survey Results
- Premium Special To Celebrate Phoronix’s 18th Birthday — This Sunday, 5 June, marks the 18th birthday for Phoronix.com since I started this website to focus on Linux hardware reviews and performance testing. To mark the occasion, there will be a Phoronix Premium special if you wish to go ad-free on the site and enjoy multi-page articles on a single page while helping to hopefully ensure a successful 19th year for Phoronix.
- Pick: stegosaurust — Steganography tool, written in rust.