528: Where's Your Data?
17 September 2023
Today's theme is data sovereignty, and we'll check in with two crucial projects that are giving you more options.
- 🎉 Alby — Boost into the show, first grab Alby, top it off, and then head over to the Podcast Index.
- ⚡️ LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org — You can boost from the web. Once Alby is topped off, visit our page on the Podcast Index.
- Ask Noah Show 354 — Google makes the news this week in one of the largest cases in history over meaningful competition. Do we need the regulation to stop Google? Ubuntu will start allowing you to use a TPM chip for encryption, plus your livestreaming, ZFS, and VPN questions are answered!
- LinuxFest Northwest 2023 Postponed
- LinuxFest Northwest Meetups
- Hub 6: Healthy meeting culture and the first local AI Assistant [YouTube]
- “Nextcloud Hub 6” launched🚀 — Nextcloud Hub 6 has evolved into a robust collaboration platform that empowers organizations and individuals to work seamlessly while ensuring data privacy.
- Element X — Element X isn’t just the fastest Matrix client ever - it’s up to 6000x faster than any other Matrix client.
- Element X preview is now on Android too!
- sliding-sync Proxy — An implementation of MSC3575.
- MSC3575: Sliding Sync (aka Sync v3) — This MSC outlines a replacement for the CS API endpoint
- Matrix Community Summit 2023 — Join us from Thu, 21st to Sat, 24th September 2023!
- Beeper — All your chats in one app. Yes, really.
- Atari VCS Base — Featuring AMD Raven Ridge 2 APU and AMD Ryzen processor GPU with 8GB DDR4 RAM (upgradable), and 32GB eMMC fixed internal storage.
- BeardedTek/linode-dyndns — Linode Dynamic DNS Updater
- Pick: yazi — ⚡️ Blazing fast terminal file manager written in Rust, based on async I/O.
Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
Kolide is a device trust solution for companies with Okta, and they ensure that if a device isn’t trusted and secure, it can’t log into your cloud apps.