529: Changing the Game
24 September 2023
Even if you don't game, the data is in, and the impact of the Steam Deck on Linux is massive. We'll go into details and then share our long-term review of the Deck.
- 🎉 Alby — Boost into the show, first grab Alby, top it off, and then head over to the Podcast Index.
- ⚡️ LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org — You can boost from the web. Once Alby is topped off, visit our page on the Podcast Index.
- Valve: don’t expect a faster Steam Deck ‘in the next couple of years’
- How SteamOS is Contributing to the Linux Ecosystem - OSS EU 2023 [YouTube]
- Open Source Summit Europe 2023: How SteamOS is Contributing to the Linux Ecosystem
- Igalia — Open Source Consultancy and Development
- Valve Is A Wonderful Upstream Contributor To Linux & The Open-Source Community — Alberto Garcia of the open-source consulting firm Igalia, which continues to collaborate with Valve on some of these Linux ecosystem improvements, talked at length around how SteamOS is contributing to the Linux ecosystem.
- Docking Station for Valve Steam Deck Dock
- The Steam Deck wasn’t born ready, but it’s ready now
- Awesome Deck List
- Steam Deck
- Steam Store
- Valve Corporation
- Alby 🐝 on X — Humble reminder: In August, Alby accounts have processed over 1 million transactions! 😊😊😊 And it’s all thanks to… you! 💙 Our users, partners, wallet holders, contributors!
- [YouTube] Walkthrough of Nix Install and Setup on MacOS
- GeneBean’s dot files
- RetroDECK — RetroDECK is an emulation and retro gaming solution to catalog and play your game collection directly from Linux in one unified application.
Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
Kolide is a device trust solution for companies with Okta, and they ensure that if a device isn’t trusted and secure, it can’t log into your cloud apps.