103: Archiving the Internet
11 August 2023
A few tools to build your own Way Back Machine, we check in with the "Year of Voice" and more.
- ⚡ Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Create an Alby Account to get a lightning wallet for payments wherever you go.
- ⚡ Self-Hosted on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost into the show via the web. First, top-up Alby, then head over to our entry on the Podcast Index.
- gmail-unsubscribe: Bulk unsubscribe from lists in your Gmail inbox for free without compromising privacy — This Google Apps Script + Google Spreadsheet combo unsubscribes you from all the messages with a specific label (default “Unsubscribe”). Unlike services such as Unroll.me that sell your data but don’t actually work, this script is completely private: all data stays in your Google account, and you can verify the script’s behavior by reading its source before giving it access to your account.
- Year of the Voice - Chapter 3: Ready when you are - Home Assistant — For Chapter 3, we bring the full power of Assist to the million active Android devices running the Home Assistant Companion app. Got an Android phone, tablet, or watch? Set Assist as your default digital assistant and talk to your Home Assistant with one push!
- 2023.8: Translated services, events, and wildcards! - Home Assistant — Pretty much all features in this release are absolutely amazing, and it is hard to pick a favorite. Great translation improvements that help with the user experience, a new entity to capture events from things like remotes, and the new Assist features are, again, mind-blowing!
- Linkwarden — Linkwarden is a fully self-hostable, open-source collaborative bookmark manager to collect, organize and archive webpages.
- Linkwarden Docker Compose · GitHub
- linkding — linkding is a bookmark manager that you can host yourself. It’s designed be to be minimal, fast, and easy to set up using Docker.
- floccus — Sync your bookmarks privately across browsers an devices
- devopsdays Chicago 2023 — Devopsdays is coming to Chicago!
- Chicago Matrix Chatroom — A spot for listeners from Chicago to organize.
- IMDB for the Terminal — IMDB for the terminal uses three APIs - one to scrape IMDB for the top 1000 lists, one to give you details on the movies and series and one to show you where you can stream it
- Page2API — Page2API is a delightful and versatile API that empowers you to scrape the web like a PRO.
- Workgroup:SELinux - NixOS Wiki — This group is about adding SE Linux support to NixOS both booting and when run on a system like Debian or Fedora with SE Linux support.
- hass-rename-entities: Home Assistant CLI script to rename entities in bulk — This script allows you to rename entities in your Home Assistant setup using the command line interface.
- Supported SSO identity providers · Tailscale — Tailscale works on top of the identity provider (IdP) or single sign-on (SSO) provider that you already use.
- Introducing Custom OIDC · Tailscale
- dotfiles-flake — This repo contains a minimal set of configuration needed for installing NixOS on a computer with ZFS as root filesystem.
- ChrisLAS on Nostr — pubkey: npub1awyzkzaktxlhyg6syzst3pxy5lvp0c908yphz4ekk9rp3zcapp5qxn79n4 / eb882b0bb659bf72235020a0b884c4a7d817e0af3903715736b146188b1d0868
- Baby Breathing Monitor | Angelcare AC027 — Our Movement Sensor Pad is designed to be placed under your baby’s mattress, where it will sense even the smallest of movements.
Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 3 users and 100 devices for free.
Big. Strong. Fast storage servers with affordable high-performance, high-capacity, enterprise storage solutions for all industries and now your Home Lab.