489: Brent's Secret Emails
18 December 2022
Brent's been hiding your emails; we confront him and expose what he's been keeping from the show.
- Linux teams up with partners to overthrow Google Maps’s dominance
- Tailnet lock white paper — Tailscale implements a novel mechanism, tailnet lock, to prevent a malicious control plane from inserting itself into a network. Tailnet lock requires the verification of a cryptographic signature on all WireGuard® node keys distributed by Tailscale’s control plane.
- Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History — In “Hardcore History” journalist and broadcaster Dan Carlin takes his “Martian”, unorthodox way of thinking and applies it to the past.
- Knaves Out – Darknet Diaries — This is the story about how someone hacked into JP Morgan Chase, one of the biggest financial institutions in the world.
- Dana Carvey’s The Weird Place — The Weird Place is an episodic sci-fi comedy adventure that will blow your mind. From manipulative aliens to time-traveling pirates to a power-hungry mad man with a magic globe.
- Linux Out Loud — Linux Out Loud is a community powered podcast. We take conversations from the DLN Community from places like the DLN Discourse Forums, Telegram group, Discord server and more.
- Picture of Dennis V’s Keyboard
- Announcement: Direct Alby wallet top up with MoonPay
- LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org
- Generate Let’s Encrypt Certificate with DNS Challenge and Namecheap
- Tailscale breaks DNS-over-TLS on Android · Issue #915 · tailscale/tailscale
- Moving entire Linux installation to another drive - Ask Ubuntu
- Migrate installation to new hardware - ArchWiki
- Disk cloning - ArchWiki
- NixOS Root on ZFS
- NixOS getting started - no mention of mkswap
- ZFS - NixOS Wiki
- NixOS install with ZFS — Dan’s Cheat Sheets 1 documentation
- Installing NixOS with multiple encrypted ZFS pools, decrypted with one password
- How I installed Encrypted ZFS root on NixOS
- Install NixOS on ZFS With Opt-In State
- NixOS on encrypted ZFS | The DevOps Blog
- How do you say SUSE?
- SmartTubeNext — Ad free app for watching tube videos on Android TV boxes.
- Nobara Linux — The Nobara Project, to put it simply, is a modified version of Fedora Linux with user-friendly fixes added to it.
- thoughtbot/rcm — rc file (dotfile) management
- GoToSocial — Fast, fun, ActivityPub server, powered by Go.
- JB FOSDEM 2023 Matrix Room
Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.