518: Race To Immutability
9 July 2023
Can Ubuntu make a great immutable desktop? We're trying the brand-new "Everything is a Snap" Ubuntu Core Desktop.
- Berlin with Brent Meetup — Sat, Jul 22, 2023, 7:00 PM
- Berlin Buds on Matrix
- Things are Changing | Office Hours 32 — We’ve got a radically new format idea for Office Hours and want to tell you all about it.
- Linux Action News 299 — Recent advances in embedded Linux, Canonical takes full control of LXD, ZFS gets a handy Btrfs feature, and updates on the show’s production.
- Ubuntu Core as an immutable Linux Desktop base — Behind the scenes, the Canonical team has been actively exploring the benefits of Ubuntu Core beyond the realm of IoT, most notably in the context of developers and daily users.
- ubuntu-core-desktop on GitHub — This directory contains an image of Ubuntu Core 22 with the GDM display manager loaded into the boot file system.
- Actions · canonical/ubuntu-core-desktop - GitHub
- canonical/workshops on GitHub — Workshops provides a user friendly interface to create and manage LXD containers as well as provides a full featured terminal.
- Workshops on the Snap Store
- Snikket Dev’s take on XMPP and Embrace Extend Extinguish
- snikket-server: Image builder for Snikket server
- Snikket Chat — Simple, secure and private messaging.
- OLF Conference - Free and Open Software Conference and Expo — OLF is returning on September 8-9, 2023!
- Magnolia Mayhem’s CaterCloud
- Support LINUX Unplugged on Conshax
- LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org
- kz6fittycent/BobRossQuotes: A bunch of quotes from Bob Ross
- Bob Ross Quotes - Snap Store
Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
Kolide is a device trust solution for companies with Okta, and they ensure that if a device isn’t trusted and secure, it can’t log into your cloud apps.